Wednesday 5 October 2011

What I miss about film

My first 'serious' camera was a Canon AE1, (couldn't afford the A1). And the thing is ... (and this is what I miss about film) ... I used to accumulate hundreds of the little black film canisters; not always black, some were clear plastic and a couple of film makers used to do canisters in funky colours. Those canisters were so useful; had a toolbox full of them, with different sized nuts, bolts, screws, nails etc.
The VERY best use I found for those little canisters was when I took up camping. and climbing. they were a perfect size to hold about 4 spoons of coffee and/or 4 spoons of sugar, or you could cram 3 tea-bags into one, or put herbs into them -  the PERFECT little air-tight container. Two of those little 35mm canisters are still in use today whenever we go on holiday. I bought 2 LIDS from a camping shop ... salt and pepper lids that fitted on the canisters to make the perfect lightweight condiment set. What can you put into a plastic memory card holder? NOTHING - Well apart from a memory card!

No comments:

Post a Comment