Friday 14 October 2011

Starting all over again with my website ... A lesson

I've always been a VERY keen photographer, but until last year, I've not been in a position to even consider trying to make a career out of it. Lots of people have always liked the shots I took and even asked if I was a professional - I did make an amount of money a l-o-n-g time ago, doing ad-hoc jobs using my Canon AE1 and my Mamiya medium format TLR, but it was only last year that someone who believed in me, gave me the money to buy some equipment that would enable me to offer the physical quality that would be expected of me when photographing their 'life events' ... I already 'had' the 'eye' for a good picture.

I needed a website to get myself 'out there', this would be the very first website I have made and it needed to attract potential clients - I continued to take some shots that people liked and do little jobs by word of mouth work, but nothing was happening via the website. I just had a long hard look at my site and I wouldn't look at it twice if I were a potential customer, so it's time to be brutally honest with myself and redo the whole thing.

It's one thing having a good eye and a decent camera, with some good glass in the front of it, but if I want to attract more business, then I should have spent more effort on the sales and marketing!

The website - www.malcolmwoolfphotography.co.uk - WILL be ripped up and re-done, starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment